Saturday 11 January 2014

Drummers

Dydd Sadwrn, unfed ar ddeg, Ionawr 2014   Saturday 11th. January 2014 

Drummers.

I think drummers get a bad press. You know, all those terrible jokes like, ‘What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?’ Well I would have said ‘groupie’ or ‘roadie’ of course.
A drummer I once played with (stop that sniggering) kept asking me to teach him to play guitar. He was persistent (most of the time), so I gave him an old acoustic with three rusty strings and about four pounds of accumulated grime that resembled small hills on the fret-board. I said that if he cleaned it up and re-strung it, I would give him lessons.

Chwarae teg, fair play, he did an amazing job on it and went in to a shop to buy a new set of strings. The shopkeeper said, ‘Hey, you’re a drummer, aren’t you?’ My butty said, ‘Yes. How did you know?’. The reply……..’This is a chip shop.’

No comments:

Post a Comment