Friday 10 January 2014

J.C.B's and Giraffes

Dydd Gwener, degfed, Ionawr 2014   Friday 10th. January 2014 

Someone recently asked me if I knew the difference between a bull giraffe and a J.C.B. Well I’m not very clever but I did know that a J.C.B. had hydraulics............

The Secret Revealed cont.
Very often it is the case that, even when we’ve been ‘turning up’ for years, we don’t feel we are doing any better.
Imagine if you will, that I have entered a white room in which are many interesting and beautiful things. On the far side of the room is a yellow door.
 After a cursory inspection of the contents of the white room I find myself outside the yellow door. I try the handle but it is locked. No matter, I pick up a musical instrument that I have never played before and get a tune out of it; there are paintings on the wall that reveal something new each time I view them; objects whose purpose is not clear, but I try to imagine what their use may be. One day I discover a key which fits the yellow door. Beyond it is a yellow room full of fantastic things I could not have imagined whilst in the white room, (with all due respect to Jack Bruce). On the far side of the yellow room is an orange door, which is locked, but I guess that the key is somewhere in the yellow room.
With patience & perception it is found, but what I discover beyond the orange door is an orange room…..with a green door….there is always another door!
No matter how many keys I find and how many doors I open, I feel as frustrated as when I started out. However, if I choose to look back I could see many doors that I have opened and be grateful for the wondrous things each room revealed.
Each time a new truth is perceived it will always reveal questions we didn’t know existed before. It is often difficult to be aware of the progress we have made. Other people are aware sooner than we. Realisation that we have changed may come when we reflect on a situation and think to ourselves, ‘I wouldn’t have said that six months ago’, or, ‘I acted very differently from the last time I was faced with a similar situation’.
So, as I said, just keep turning up………whatever it is you hope to achieve.

Cofion, fi fach.

No comments:

Post a Comment