Tuesday 31 December 2013

Crisis? What crisis?

Dydd Mawrth, unfed ar ddeg ar hugain, Rhag. 2013                Tuesday 31st. December 

So the Welsh Rugby Union have told the Welsh regional teams that if they do not sign the Participation Agreement by the end of today,they will cease to exist (apparently). Cease to exist as what?
Regional teams affiliated to the WRU? However, let’s indulge in a little speculation. As the WRU would be obliged to put teams into the Rabo and the Heineken Cup, but would not be paying out £6m+ to the existing regions, they could pump the money back into the top clubs like Ponty. We could return to true local representation with promotion to the top flight based on merit and ability. (I will never….I will never…etc., not as long as I have a hole in my aspirin bottle). Thousands of real rugby union fans might no longer feel disenfranchised.
I have heard it said that there is no direct translation of the word ‘crisis’ in Chinese (which dialect?). It would seem that the closest translation would be ‘opportunity/?’.
I like that idea. Perhaps, as far as the regional rugby debacle is concerned, this might represent an opportunity to resume normal service and return to sanity. Discuss.

This being the last day of 2013, I hope you have good things to remember and be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment